Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Forcing Love & Friendship - Chapter 3

As Sarah walked down the hall to look through the peephole of the Jonas Brothers' hotel room, the door of Room 52 opened wide. Sarah could hear an argument about the Muffin Man coming from the room. A guy with dark curly hair came out of the room and rolled his eyes at the argument as he walked past Sarah. Sarah acted as if he wasn't there until he was behind her. Then she turned around and looked at him with wide eyes and an open mouth. She hurried to the door and looked through the peephole. She watched two boys argue about the Muffin Man. She giggled at the argument a few times.

"Having fun?" the guy before asked her. She quickly turned around to see Kevin Jonas standing there smiling.
"Oh, um... Sorry, I..." Sarah tried to explain but couldn't.
Kevin laughed and said, "It's okay. Completely understandable. A little weird... but.."
"Thanks." she smiled at him. "I'm Sarah." She shook his hand.
"I'm Kevin."
"I know!" Sarah said almost dreamily.
"Yeah... so how old are you?"
"Sixteen next month."
"Oh. Happy almost birthday!"
"Thanks. Well, I gotta go... nice meeting you!"
Sarah walked back into her room, closed the door, and grinned.
"I met Kevin!!" She yelled, probably too loudly. Kevin heard her and smiled as he walked back into his room.
"Hey guys. Still talking about the Muffin Man?" He greeted the boys who were sitting on the sofa.
"Nah, we've moved on to more important things." The boy with straight hair said. "We're discussing Humpty Dumpty."
"I still think he is a bad example for kids. You know, sitting on walls that are easy to fall off of." said the boy with curly hair.
"Yeah, but why would the King's horses and men wanna put him back together again? They could just scramble and eat him."
"I wonder what that would taste like?"
Kevin rolled his eyes. "Hey Joe..."
"Yeah?" the boy with straight hair answered.
"You broke up with Emily, right?"
"Yeah... why? You find another girl for me?"
"Maybe."

"You met Kevin Jonas?!" Gabi asked.
"Yeah!"
"Wow..."
"What, if you wanna meet one, go look through their peephole!"
"I don't want to meet them... well I do.. but I don't.. I'd be way too nervous."
"Don't worry, you can wait until tomorrow."
"What?"
"Don't you know? We will be meeting them after the concert, just like everyone else."
Her eyes widened nervously at the thought of meeting them. She felt something slide down her throat.
"You okay?"
"I just swallowed my gum..." Sarah burst out laughing.
"But seriously, how am I gonna meet them? I can barely meet normal people!"
"You'll be fine!"
"I sure hope so..."

No comments: