Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Forcing Love & Friendship - Chapter 1

Gabriella Rodriguez stepped out of the school and happily breathed in. School was now officially over and it was time to start an awesome summer. She walked home with her two best friends, Mickeila Thomas and Sarah Donzik. Sarah's house was the first stop and Sarah ran inside to plan something extremely wonderful for all three of them. Keila's house was next and she walked inside to rid herself of school items. And finally, Gabi arrived at her front door. She stepped inside the house and happily plopped her backpack on the ground and walked to her room to practice playing guitar. She was the only one of her friends that didn't know how to play guitar, so she decided to take lessons. She was good by now, but still needed practice before she could be great. She finished and immediately heard her cell phone ringtone of Year 3000.

"Hello?"
"Gabi! It's Sarah. Get over here!"
"Why? What's wrong?"
"What the...? Nothing's wrong. Just get here! I have our summer all planned out!"
"Already?"
"Yeah! Now get your effin' butt over here!"
"Okay."

She closed her phone and put it in the pocket of her jeans. She headed down the stair and headed out the door after telling her mom where she was going. As she was walking down the side walk, she heard a "Bleep!" She got a text message.

Hurry up!
from Sarah.

She got this message three times before she got to Sarah's house. She got to the door and was about to knock when it flew open. Sarah was standing at the door and pulled Gabi in the house and dragged her up the stairs and into her room where Keila was waiting. The walls were plastered with posters of singers, mostly the Jonas Brothers.

"Geez, what took you so long?!" Sarah yelled as she slammed the door shut.
"I just walked here..."
"You're effin' slow!"
"Sorry."
"So," Keila said. "What do you have planned for us?"
"Okay," Sarah started. "We are going to, dramatic pause, stalk the Jonas Brothers!"
"What?!" Gabi and Keila exclaimed in unison.
"How are we gonna do that?!" Keila asked.
"It's simple. See, my stinkin' rich grandparents gave me a credit card for 5 grand! And my parents don't care what I do or where I go. So we are going to spend all summer stalking the Jonas brothers! See, we're gonna follow them around when they go to concerts. I've already made a chart with where the concerts are gonna be and left room for what hotels they're gonna stay at. We will find out when we go backstage and spy on them."
Gabi raised her hand. "I have a question."
"Yeah?"
"How will we get backstage without passes?"
"Ever heard of sneaking, Gabi?"
"I've heard of it. I don't like the idea, though."
"Fine, if you don't want to meet the Jonas Brothers..."
"I do! Just... not like that."
"Well, too bad. We're gonna do it and we're leaving for Atlanta in three days."
"Wait, what about our parents?"
"I already took care of that, you worry wart! I told your parents that you're coming with me all summer to my grandparents' house."
"What?! Oh no. Oh no! I can't lie! Not to my parents!"
"It's fine, Gabi! How are they gonna find out?"
"What if they call your grandparents?"
"I told them that they are afraid of telephones." Keila laughed at what Sarah said.
"But..."
"No freakin' buts, Gabi! Now start packing."

No comments: